Vallarta Medical Center Hospital gives you a warm welcome and hopes to contribute to your speedy recovery. To this end, we have prepared the following information to support you during your stay in the hospital.
All Vallarta Medical Center staff are here to serve you and have developed this PATIENT'S GUIDE to provide you with guidance on the admission and discharge process, as well as to avoid any inconvenience during your stay. To do so, please follow the instructions and recommendations below:
- Your entry to VMC can be given in 2 different ways:
- Through your physician, who will serve you with a medical order that you must submit at the time of admission to Vallarta Medical Center.
- If you enter the Emergency Department and are subsequently required to be admitted to the hospital, the Admission process will take place in the Vallarta Medical Center Admitting area on the day and time indicated by your physician.
- In both cases, the patient must present his/her current official identification and sign the corresponding Service Delivery Contract.
- In accordance with Vallarta Medical Center's Admission Policies, we request a deposit on account for hospital expenses, according to the current table, as well as a guarantee of payment for personal expenses; both procedures can be performed by credit, debit or cash card and/or transfer.
- If you work for a company that has an agreement with Vallarta Medical Center, you must submit an original letter of responsibility, signed by the authorized person of your company, in the format established by Vallarta Medical Center. The deposit on account for hospital expenses is not necessary in this case.
In order to guarantee the safety of our patients, in Vallarta Medical Center we have established as identifiers of our patients two specific data:
- Full name of the patient (name (s) and two surnames).
- Date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy).
For your safety, each time you perform a procedure, the personnel who perform the service will confirm with the patient or family the two previous data.
AS LONG AS YOU ARE PATIENT
For your safety and comfort, avoid bringing valuables.
- We are not responsible for unreported securities or securities deposited in the safe deposit box.
- Visitors should not stay inside Vallarta Medical Center after 9:00 p.m.
- For the protection of our patients, it is not allowed to bring into the rooms medications not supplied by Vallarta Medical Center, natural floral arrangements, natural fruits, food, children under 12 years old, stuffed animals or pets.
- If the patient has medication for daily use, he or she should report it to his or her nurse or doctor on call.
- By official regulations of the Ministry of Health, smoking is absolutely prohibited within the facilities of Vallarta Medical Center.
- If you have any observations or suggestions regarding your diet, you may wish to seek guidance from your nurse or Nutrition staff at the time of your assessment visit.
- To make external phone calls dial 0. Long distance calls will have a cost, ask at intake for information.
The hospitalized patient is subject to the diet prescribed by his/her responsible physician.
The Nutrition department monitors the patient's diet in both quality and quantity. Therefore, it is strictly forbidden to enter the rooms and offer any type of food or drink to the patient.
Food Distribution Schedule:
Breakfast: Between 8:00 and 09:00 hrs.
Lunch: Between 13:00 and 14:00 hrs.
Dinner: Between 18:00 and 19:00 hrs.
In cases where the physician orders a complacent diet, the patient may select from among the foods on the menu.
The cafeteria service makes available to the accompanying family member the extra tray service, charged to the patient's account, to request this service, please mark the ext. 101 at least one hour before distribution schedules.
If this service is not required, the attendants must leave the room to get some food.
Hand hygiene is a fundamental practice for infection prevention and control. It is Vallarta Medical Center's policy that all staff disinfect their hands before and after attending a patient.
Is also very important, the involvement of the patient's family and their visits. Please tell them that they need to disinfect their hands before they enter to the room and after they leave.
In the hospital hallways are gel dispensers for this purpose.
- The room must be vacated, after the visit and discharge of the treating physician, no later than 14:00 p.m.
- Ask the on-call nurse to report your discharge and give you the discharge notice form. Once this report is done, your account will be ready in approximately 1 hour. In the case of international insurance it depends on the response time.
- For your departure, you will need to settle your account in the Vallarta Medical Center Admitting Area.
- Before you settle your account, please check by phone at ext. 101 Admissions to make sure your account is ready, to avoid unnecessary waiting times.
- You can request to charge your account to your credit card, through the voucher, indicating which name to bill, except in the case of companies with an agreement.
- Afterwards, you will have to pick up your documents at the Admission Area.
- Don't forget to give the remote control of the T.V. and air conditioning to the nurse on duty.
- You will be required to surrender your pass to the security guard at the Vallarta Medical Center Hospitalization entrance.
- If you require laboratory and/or imaging studies, you must apply for admission.
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital is committed to the safety of our patients and the quality of our service and has adopted and implemented the Patients' Rights established by the World Health Organization and the General Health Law:
- Receive adequate medical care.
- To be treated with dignity and respect.
- Receive sufficient, clear, timely and truthful information.
- Decide freely about your care.
- To give or not to give validly informed consent.
- Be treated with confidentiality.
- Have facilities to obtain a second opinion.
- Receive medical attention in case of emergency.
- Have a medical record.
- Be cared for when you are dissatisfied with the medical care you receive.
It is also important that patients support us in complying with the following provisions:
- To collaborate to the maximum in the fulfillment of the Regulations of Vallarta Medical Center, as well as to request its fulfillment to family and friends who visit it.
- Treat your caregivers, other patients and visitors with respect.
- Use with care and attention the material, equipment, installations and assistance devices made available to them.
- In case of voluntary discharge: Sign the documents that exempt the Hospital from any responsibility.
RIGHTS OF HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
At Vallarta Medical Center, we also strive to ensure that the rights of all health professionals involved in the care of our patients are respected, based on the provisions of the General Health Law:
- Practice the profession freely, without pressure and on equal terms between professionals.
- Work in appropriate and safe facilities that guarantee personal and professional safety and integrity.
- To have the necessary resources for the optimum performance of its functions.
- Refrain from guaranteeing results and providing information that exceeds their professional and work competence.
- Receive dignified and respectful treatment from patients and their families, as well as from staff related to their work, regardless of hierarchical level.
- To have access to professional updating in equal opportunities for their personal development and to research and teaching activities in accordance with their profession and skills.
- Associate freely to promote their professional interests.
- Safeguard their prestige and professional interests.
- Have access to decision-making positions according to their competencies.
- Receive timely and complete remuneration for services rendered.
RULES OF PROCEDURE
IDENTIFICACIÓN DE VISITANTES
- All persons entering the hospital must be identified during their stay in our facilities.
- The visitor must register and present identification with the security personnel at the access to the Hospitalization, who will give him/her an identification badge according to the room he/she will visit. The badge must be worn visibly.
- In the event of loss of a companion or visitor badge, a replacement fee will be charged.
- Please mention this policy to your visitors.
We appreciate your cooperation, remember it's for your safety.
For admission to Vallarta Medical Center, the insured or beneficiary, in addition to suggestions for the patient admission and discharge procedure, must consider the following:
1.- Admission with scheduled surgery or for medical treatment.
Upon entering Vallarta Medical Center you will present the original of the Surgery or Treatment Scheduling Authorization Letter, company issued ID card and official photo ID as well as a guarantee of payment for personal expenses, deductibles, coinsurance and any other items not covered by the company.
2.- Emergency Admission and Hospital Report.
Upon entering Vallarta Medical Center through the Emergency Department, after official identification with a photograph, and in the event that the insured or beneficiary does not remain for more than 24 hours, Vallarta Medical Center will provide the service and the insured or beneficiary will be obligated to pay the entire bill directly to the hospital, unless the company is responsible for payment by Letter of Authorization, the following requirements apply:
- When entering Vallarta Medical Center through the Emergency area, if the insured or beneficiary remains more than 24 hours and requires hospitalization, he/she will present his/her company issued identification credential and official photo identification. It will provide all the information requested, as well as the payment of a guarantee.
- Vallarta Medical Center will report the income of the insured or beneficiary to the company via telephone or e-mail and will wait for a 24-hour response from the company, which will be provided through a Letter of Authorization or Denial.
- When the insured or beneficiary fails to submit any of the above documents or no response is received from the Company within 24 hours, Vallarta Medical Center will provide the service and the insured or beneficiary will be responsible for paying the hospital the entire bill directly, unless the Letter of Authorization is submitted prior to discharge.
It is important for the insured or beneficiary to be aware of the company's response, so in the event of failure to obtain it within the time period stipulated above, it is suggested that the insured or beneficiary call their Personal Service Advisor directly at the telephone number indicated in their policy.
3.-Guarantee Payment for Uncovered Expenses.
Upon entering Vallarta Medical Center, and in compliance with established policies, policyholders or their beneficiaries will be required to provide a guarantee of payment, either by credit card, bank transfer, debit card or cash, in order to guarantee payment of personal expenses and services not included or not covered by the company, such as: deductibles, coinsurance, difference in room, non-covered conditions, etc.
4.- Medical Fees.
In the event that the insured or beneficiary chooses his or her doctor and he or she is not in the Insurer's Network, it is important to consider that the company will pay him or her according to the Medical Fee Schedule of the contracted plan and the deductible and coinsurance agreed upon in the policy will apply. It may happen that the doctor may charge different fees or that the payment of these fees is sometimes made through reimbursement.
If you are seen by doctors in the Insurer's Network, medical fees will be covered according to the agreement, and there will be a reduction or elimination of the deductible and coinsurance, which will depend on the conditions of your policy, so please read your insurance information carefully.
5.- Information about your medical expenses policy and hospital medical agreement.
If during your stay at Vallarta Medical Center you require further information or additional services related to your insurance, we suggest you request them directly from your company, which must inform you to your complete satisfaction of the conditions of the Hospital Medical Agreement, as well as the payment of the deductible and coinsurance indicated in your policy and all those services not included or covered by it.
EXIT PROCEDURE WITH INSURANCE
1.- Verify account
It is recommended that 24 hours before settling your account, you verify in the Admission Area the existence of the Letter of Authorization or Letter of Scheduled Surgery duly authorized and the amounts to be paid for deductibles, coinsurance, non-covered expenses, differences in fees, etc.
2.- Payment of Hospitalization and Medical Fees
Upon departure or discharge of the insured or beneficiary, the latter must present himself/herself at the Admission Area and pay the deductible, as well as the expenses and services not authorized or covered by the company. The same applies to the payment of medical fees.
In accordance with official regulations, Vallarta Medical Center will issue an electronic invoice in the name of the person you indicate and it will be issued within the current month, for which you must provide us with the following information:
- Name or Company Name
- Tax ID
- Fiscal Address
- Email address for sending the same one
If you require a printout of your invoice, you must request it from the Admission Area at the time you settle your account.
QUALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital is a private health care institution formed by a team committed to service and with a fervent desire to help, offering care with ethics and professionalism, without leaving aside the safety and human sense that our patients and their families need.
Based on this philosophy, we are committed to providing you with a warm and friendly treatment while we treat you to recover your health.
However, in the event of any doubts or concerns about our services, we offer you three mechanisms to let us know your opinion:
- With an evaluation questionnaire of our service that we will provide before you leave the hospital.
- Through the Comment Box located in the main lobby of the hospital.
- Or, through our Customer Service email, firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be happy to assist you and follow up on your comments.
RIGHTS OF NON-SMOKERS
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital is declared a Smoke-Free Institution, which will allow us to do so:
- Contribute to the promotion of healthy habits.
- Help reduce cases of smoking-related illness and death.
- Protect our patients and staff from the harmful effects of tobacco smoke.
- Breathing cleaner air inside and outside our facilities, improving the quality of life of our patients and employees.
- Contribute to forging a society and a Mexico free from smoking.
- Reduce occupational risks due to accidents (it has been proven that in facilities where smoking is not allowed, fires are reduced by 50%).
- We would appreciate your full willingness and support to comply with this regulation, which seeks to benefit you and everyone else.
Therefore, SMOKING IS PROHIBITED at Vallarta Medical Center Hospital.
PATIENT PRIVACY NOTICE
Puerto Vallarta Medical Center S. de R.L de C.V. (the "Hospital Vallarta Medical Center"), with address at Avenida Los Tules number 136 Col. Gustavo Díaz Orgaz C.P. 48310, in Puerto Vallarta Jalisco, is responsible for the use and protection of your personal data, and we inform you of the following:
For what purposes will we use your personal data?
The personal data we collect from you will be used for the following purposes that are necessary for the service you request:
- To provide you with the medical care you require in accordance with the policies of the Vallarta Medical Center Hospital, to integrate your medical records, to comply with the rights and obligations acquired through the Contract for the Provision of Hospital Services, to share your data with your treating and interconsulting physicians, who are independent professionals at the Vallarta Medical Center Hospital and who have assumed responsibility for your diagnosis, prognosis and treatment, to transfer different religious communities, to provide information to family members and friends located in the waiting room.
- Additionally, we will use your personal information for the following purposes that are not necessary for the requested service, but that allow us to provide you with better service.
- Send you information about the services offered and other information related to Vallarta Medical Center Hospital.
- If you do not wish your personal data to be processed for these additional purposes, from this moment you can inform us of this by sending an email requesting the cancellation of this service to email@example.com
Your refusal to use your personal data for these purposes may not be a reason for us to deny you the services and products you request or contract with us.
What personal data will we use for these purposes?
To carry out the purposes described in this privacy notice, we will use the following personal data:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Name, address and telephone number of any family member you designate as responsible family member and with whom we can contact you in case of emergency; if applicable, your policy number and other information related to the medical expenses insurance you have contracted.
- In some services, photographs or videos will also be taken and integrated into your clinical record in order to keep a record of your progress or the treatment provided by these means.
In order to fulfil the above mentioned purposes, the following financial data will be collected if necessary:
- Bank Account Information
- Fiscal data
If you pay for services by check, we inform you that the check must be made payable to Puerto Vallarta Medical Center S. de R.L. de C.V.
- In addition to the personal data mentioned above, for the purposes informed in this Privacy Notice we will use the following personal data considered sensitive, which require special protection:
Religion, current health status, past and present conditions, hereditary and family history, symptoms, relevant pathological history, health history, in some cases, sensitive personal data such as sexual preference and genetic information may also be treated when required for proper medical attention (this last data is for clinical diagnostic studies that you or your treating physician have requested).
With whom do we share your personal information and for what purposes?
We inform you that your personal data may be transferred inside and outside the country, in accordance with the purpose of the treatment of the data and the legal nature of the relationship between you and the Hospital Vallarta Medical Center, to insurance companies with whom you have contracted a policy and to third party payers, for the purposes of payment that may apply, as well as to friends and family members who request the room number in the reception area so that they can visit you and to volunteers of the religious community to which you belong, provided that you request spiritual assistance in the Admission area.
How can you access, rectify or cancel your personal data or oppose its use?
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital has formed a Privacy Committee through which you may request the exercise of your ARCO Rights, which consist of access to your personal data, rectification, cancellation or opposition to their processing for specific purposes, as well as the revocation of the consent granted for the processing of your personal data to the extent permitted by law, with the Privacy Committee being responsible for following up on your request and responding to it within the following 20 (twenty) working days. The Privacy Committee will also carry out your requests to limit the use or disclosure of your information. To this end, we would like to provide you with the e-mail address of the Privacy Committee of Vallada Medical Center Hospital firstname.lastname@example.org
In order to exercise your ARCO Rights and/or revoke your consent for the processing of your personal data by Hospital Vallada Medical Center, we would be grateful if you could submit a request ("Request for the Exercise of ARCO Rights") to the Privacy Committee at the following e-mail address: email@example.com with the following information:
1. Name, full address (street, inside and/or outside number, neighborhood, zip code, city and state).
2. Identification with which you can prove your personality (INE credential, valid passport, professional card or immigration document).
3. In the event that the holder does not submit the application, the document that proves the existence of the representation, i.e. a public instrument or power of attorney signed before two witnesses, together with identification of the holder and the representative (INE credential, valid passport, professional card or migration document).
In the case of underage youth , the documents to prove their legal representation will be: birth certificate and credential with a photograph of the minor (the one granted by the academic institution where they attend), IMSS credential, valid passport, or any other document that has a photograph of the minor, in addition to presenting the documents for their respective comparison, the signature of the document that will be attached to the application as "proof of legal representation" in which under protest of telling the truth, it states that it is responsible for the minor.
In the case of restraining orders, the documents used to prove legal representation shall be: the restraining order and a credential with a photograph of the person who holds this legal status, whether it be an INE credential, a valid passport, a professional card or a migration document.
4. A clear and precise description of the personal data in respect of which you are seeking to exercise any of ARCO's Rights, the right to exercise it and the reasons why you wish to exercise it.
5. Any document or information that proves that your personal data are the property of Vallarta Medical Center Hospital.
6. In case of requesting a correction of data, please also indicate the modifications to be made, nicknaming the documentation that supports your request.
The Privacy Committee will respond to your request by e-mail or in person at Avenida Los Tules number 136 Col. Gustavo Díaz Ordaz C.P. 48310, in Puerto Vallada Jalisco, within 20 (twenty) working days of receipt of your request. If the Request is appropriate, the response may be sent via e-mail or in person. Vallada Medical Center Hospital may request, in order to provide you with an answer, that you submit for verification at the above address, the original of the documents that you submitted with your Application, within the five (5) business days that are required. If the above documents are not submitted after this period, the Application will be considered closed.
When the Application is appropriate and the corresponding checks have been carried out with respect to the personality and ownership of the ARCO Rights, the terms for responding will be as follows:
- For access to or rectification of data: within 15 days from the affirmative response of the Privacy Committee, For cancellation or opposition of the data: In the first case, the personal data will be blocked, from the moment that the required documentation is checked, where access to the personal data will be restricted to any person until there is an answer to the request, whether affirmative or negative, in the first case within 15 days from the affirmative answer made by the Privacy Committee and in the second case, the data will be unblocked in order to continue with the processing.
The terms referred to in the previous paragraphs may be extended only once for an equal period if necessary and upon prior notification by the Privacy Committee.
Vallarta Medical Center Hospital may deny the exercise of ARCO Rights in the following instances:
- When the applicant is not the holder of the personal data, or cannot prove the holder's representation, When his or her personal data do not appear in the database of the Vallada Medical Center Hospital, When the rights of a third party are infringed, When there is a legal impediment or the resolution of a competent authority that restricts his or her ARCO Rights, In case of cancellation, When the personal data are the object of treatment for the prevention or for the medical diagnosis or the management of health services and When the rectification, cancellation or opposition has previously been made.
The Refusal may be partial, in which case the Hospital Vallada Medical Center will make the access, rectification, cancellation or opposition in the appropriate part.
The exercise of the "ARCO Rights" shall be free of charge, but in the event that two or more applications are submitted in a period of less than twelve months, the costs shall be three days of the Minimum General Wage in force in the Federal District, unless there are substantial modifications to the Privacy Notice that trigger new Applications for the Exercise of ARCO Rights. The applicant must cover the justified costs of postage or the cost of reproduction in copies or other formats.
How can you limit the use or disclosure of your personal information?
In order for you to limit the use and disclosure of your personal information, we offer you the following means: Your registration in the Public Registry to Avoid Advertising, which is in charge of the Federal Consumer Protection Agency, so that your personal information is not used to receive advertising or promotions from goods or services companies. For more information on this registry, you may consult the PROFECO website or contact PROFECO directly.
In case you wish to revoke or refuse your consent for your personal data to be used for secondary purposes (for marketing purposes, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
How can you be aware of changes to this privacy notice?
Vallada Medical Center Hospital reserves the right to make modifications or updates to this privacy notice at any time, which will be made known to you personally or through the publication of a notice in a visible place and/or on the website www.vallartamedicalcenter.mx
The Privacy Committee of Hospital Vallada Medical Center will immediately inform you of any breach of security that occurs at any stage of the processing of your personal data that significantly affects your financial or moral rights, by e-mail or telephone call requesting an appointment to explain what has happened so that you can take the measures you consider necessary to defend your rights.
CHAPEL AND RELIGIOUS SERVICES
Our chapel is at the disposal of patients and families who need a moment of recollection and prayer.
In addition, we have a directory of pastors, priests and spiritual guides who can support you during your stay at Vallarta Medical Center. If you require the service, you can request it at the Admission Area.
Vallarta Medical Center has a cafeteria where you will find delicious and nutritious food and beverages.
The service timetable is from Monday to Sunday from 8:00 to 19:00 hrs.
Vallarta Medical Center has exclusive parking for patients and visitors with 24-hour vigilance.